Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Gift I Give Myself

           
I am a mom, wife, sister, daughter, and friend. I absolutely love each role that I play and give my all to each one.   But every once in a while, I have to take care of me. So, whenever I feel like I need to replenish my energy level and clear my mind, I schedule myself a one hour massage with a licensed massage therapist.  Beyond the benefits for specific conditions, I enjoy my massage because I am blessed with a caring and comforting massage therapist to whom I owe a world of gratitude for the friendship and trust we share. 

During this one hour, all my roles and their responsibilities take a backseat, and I cater to me.  I am lucky to have this time to myself where there are no To-Do Lists, no meals have to be prepared, and no laundry needs folding.  In the privacy of my own home, without having to battle traffic, the weather, or get all dressed up, I escape reality, and my stress quickly melts away.  These precious 60 minutes are spent relaxing, unwinding, and refueling.  Our lives are busy; society is always on the go-go-go! We need to make an effort to slow down.  I know the signs my body and mind give me when I need a break. Mentally, my patience becomes weary and suffer from recurring headaches.  Physically, my shoulders and neck become tense and sore. Basically, my whole demeanor changes. 

A Gift for Me
If you are anything like me, you spend countless hours dedicating time to your children, your spouse or partner, your family and friends, career and home. Don't you think you deserve just one hour to yourself? Massages renew the mind and the body.  They put a smile back on my face.  A massage is a powerful thing. It has the ability to heal, to calm, to soothe, and to rejuvenate.


Mindful Moment:  When was the last time you did something for yourself? If you have never had a professional massage, I highly encourage you to do so. Amidst the aromatic oils and lulling therapeutic music, it will transport you to a wondrous place.

No comments:

Post a Comment