Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Life Worth Living

When I look back on my life sixty years from now (yes, I plan to live to be 99), I hope that I will remember my life fondly and be proud of all that I accomplished.  That my achievements not be based on the quantity of material possessions, but in the quality of life I lived.  I hope that I will have loved enough, learned enough, and helped others enough, for those are the things that bring me pure joy.  My life will be complete because I will have had no regrets.  By then, it will be too late to realize I could have said or done something to make a difference in someone's life.  

I see the bigger picture now.

  I see how my love and guidance shape my son into the man he is becoming.  I am so proud of how he gives back to this world and volunteers his time at our local zoo several times a week.  Someday, he will be a husband, a brother in law, or an uncle. He will have many roles, and it will be his turn to give of himself to his family.  He will have a career where he will fulfill his responsibilities and in turn be compensated. But, his greatest responsibilities will be to his family where he will perform unconditional acts of love and sacrifice, and his reward will be tenfold.

I see how I must always seek knowledge to grow as a person and become enlightened.   I read about psychology, relationships, and the human condition always searching for ways to improve my own life.  I write as a hobby and as a mental exercise.  I express my thoughts, whether right or wrong, because it makes me happy.  And maybe, since you are reading my blog, one of my posts has gotten you thinking or brought you a personal revelation and that for me is truly special.
I see how helping others also nourishes me.  Taking care of my niece is a gift for me because the bond between us grows stronger with each game of Uno we play or with each bike ride we take.  The way she wraps her arms around me and her face brightens when she sees me, is "priceless."   I am present in her life every step of the way.  My love and support will not waiver.   She can always count on me. 



I know why I are here.  
My purpose in this lifetime:
To love, To learn, and To help.  



Mindful Moment:  When it is all said and done, will you have lived a meaningful life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment